To give a more accurate description, this session focuses on healing through massage. The purpose of this session is to help the body bring homeostasis – to heal itself – by releasing any kind of tension, whether this is physical, mental or emotional.
Muscular pain, muscular knots and tension can be released by using massage techniques in a specific way and intention. We aim, basically, to improve the blood and lymph circulation within the body by unlocking the flow of energy. Therefore, we use the massage techniques from the perspective of energy flow:
- Where it may be expected to use more deep approach, we may use more light movements, combined with the intension of working on the energy flow first.
- Where it may be expected to use a more intense approach, we may use gentle movements to allow the body be more receptive to change
- Where it may be expected to use a more persistent approach, we may use gradual, interval massage approaching, by working on an area, then moving to another and returning back to it later.
Working in this way:
- We give space to the body release tension in a gentler pace
- We allow time to have a deeper beneficial effect during the therapy rather than We work persistently and
- We give the person the opportunity to be more receptive and enjoy the session
Cases of neck pain, lumbar pain, muscle strain, fatigue caused by training and other physical cases are just few of those who can be benefited by therapeutic massage.
Cases where the root is caused by emotional or mental tension and stress can also be benefited in depth. Also, cases where the tension and pain are caused of embodied psychology, even if the person is not aware of.
In any given moment, a session of therapeutic massage combines both slow, deep movements and quick and intense ones, with gentle and more focused movements. The ultimate goal is to achieve a harmonious, beautiful result having the person feeling more relaxed and lighter, more in peace mentally and calm emotionally.