Yoga is a wonderful way to help women gain connection and awareness with themselves and their bodies during pregnancy. Prenatal yoga classes contain Hatha Yoga poses, adjusted to the timeline of pregnancy and the needs of each pregnant woman.
Key role plays, as always, the breathing techniques. The combination of harmonious breathing and movement helps the mom-to-be to:
- Feel better, since deep inhalations bring in more oxygen. During pregnancy the lungs are restricted because of the growth of our baby. This sometimes results in in breath shortness, which may bring up feelings of deep pressure, sadness, melancholy.
- The pregnant woman learns to live in the present and enjoy it, releasing any worries about the future or her baby. She learns to enjoy the present and understand this valuable experience, in order to apply in the future.
- She prepares herself for appropriate and better breathing for the rime of birth, enabling herself to bring her child into the world with more ease and comfort.
During Prenatal Yoga we incorporate relaxation, visualization and meditation practices between the poses to:
- Achieve deeper relaxation of the nervous system, which during pregnancy is stressed
- Help the pregnant connect with herself deeper and with her child too
In our Prenatal Yoga classes, we encourage women to come with their companions. This helps to strengthen the bond them. The couple shares beautiful emotions especially when attending together childbirth preparations. This results in having both an active role in childbirth and also in the growth of their baby. Thus, this makes the mother feeling more safety and tranquility, knowing that she is not alone during birth, or during the growth of their child. Having the support her husband makes her calmer. Also the presence of both parents has a positive impact on a child’s life.
Prenatal Yoga has multiple benefits, both physically and emotionally.
Physically it helps for: sciatica / backache, anemia, dyspnea, leg cramps, constipation, carpal tunnel syndrome, coccyx pain, fibroids, headaches, hemorrhoids, heartburn and indigestion, gestational diabetes, hypertension, hypertension.
Emotionally and mentally, prenatal yoga helps to reduce stress and stress, depression and simultaneously it boosts self-confidence. Performing yoga positions with full awareness creates a state of serenity and, when that happens, the future mother can easier manage her worries about pregnancy and childbirth. At the same time, the pregnant woman learns to “listen” to her body so she knows what to do to help her.
In addition, the positive benefits of Prenatal Yoga extend further and include:
- Improvement of sleep quality
- It facilitates the body to maintain its flexibility
- Relieves back and hip pain
- Improves body stability and balance by gaining strength
- Reduces pre-eclampsia (increased stress during pregnancy)
- Reduces stress levels and nervousness during pregnancy
Moving towards childbirth, the poses are adjusted and enriched accordingly. Pelvic floor exercises are now being added to help the woman be properly prepared for childbirth. The exercises are deepening to soften the hips and prepare the mother’s body for birth. As a result, the expectant mother is better prepared to breathe better during birth, to take positions that make her feel better, to be “grounded” and “open” to experiencing the coming of her child as an exciting experience.
A truly wonderful experience that every expectant mom has to experience as her baby grows within her, creating thus a strong bond between them.
* Please consult your doctor before attending any Prenatal Aerial Class
* No previous experience practicing yoga or aerial is required. All stages of pregnancy are welcome.
* If you have (pregnancy) complaints or injuries you are welcome to join, but please let us know upfront!