In our Prenatal Aerial Yoga classes, we use the hammock (sling) to lighten the sense of gravity and remove pressure from certain areas of the body. This, releases effortless tension from the body of the pregnant mother and builds easier strength and flexibility to prepare for labor.
During the class we adopt the poses the changes of the body and the upcoming needs of the pregnant. No difficult or acrobatic poses should be expected like we use the slings generally in a typical aerial yoga class. All poses are performed on the ground, while having full contact with it.
On the contrary during this class, the hammock is used to facilitate the mother to perform the poses with more safety:
- Holding the fabric makes the mother feel more confident and gradually work on building strength, balance and flexibility while she goes through the changes of pregnancy
- The mother can easily follow the guidelines and enjoy a class with flow
Prenatal Aerial Yoga class focuses on movements that are safe for the second and third trimesters. You will gradually build muscles and relax into a state of no gravity. The use of the hammock allows the tired feet and back pain to release and the pregnant mother feels the bliss of self-care during the stage of pregnancy.
If you have been practicing yoga consistently and you are in your first trimester, you can attend our classes. However, we recommend taking it slow. The motion of the sling can increase your nausea and there are several positions that are not safe for the first trimester, but we can guide you through what is safe for you and your baby. Each participant is asked to check in with their body and only do what feels right for them.
Our Prenatal Aerial Classes will help you to practice yourself to:
- Listen to your body, staying true to you in every moment
- Being present
- Being kind to yourself and take deep breaths
You just need to be patient till you become more familiar with the aerial grips. Till then, enjoy your class and follow our loving, motivating guideless.
* Please consult your doctor before attending any Prenatal Aerial Class
* No previous experience practicing yoga or aerial is required. All stages of pregnancy are welcome.
* If you have (pregnancy) complaints or injuries you are welcome to join, but please let us know upfront!