Infant massage is one of the most unique experiences that you can give to yourself and your baby, by the time you give birth. The aim of those sessions is for the new mother, as well as well as the father, to learn massage techniques through which they can communicate with their child deeper and better – beyond words.
The newborn infant doesn’t have ways to express itself, only through crying to say that is feels hungry, discomfort or sleepy. In those times, massaging our child is the most suitable way to bridge communication between the parents and the child.
The therapist focuses on the infant to understand and discern if there is any special information that should tell the parents about. Then, he shows and guides the parents how to apply the strokes on the infant, what they should pay attention to in each area and gives emphasis to the infant’s reactions. Simultaneously, he explains how to use essential oils and t0he dilution they should use according to the age and the condition of the infant.
The benefits of infant massage are plenty and concern both the parents and the infant. Basically, infant massage is a challenge invitation to both parents to trust their instinct and dare to communicate with their child through touching. By massaging their child the parents are deeply benefited as this:
- Creates a deeper connection and better foundation between the infant and the parents
- Creates a close and more intimate connection – a more quality relationship of mutual communicating and understanding
- Helps to learn the need and desires of their child
- Feel more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
- It’s a pleasure experience that relaxes them
Infant massage is so beneficial for the child as well and can be applied immediately after it’s born, since it give to the child so many positive feedback such as:
- Helps the infant to adjust itself to the new “environment”
- Helps the infant to bond with their parent
- Helps baby feel loved
- Promotes better sleep
- Facilitates body awareness
- Boosts immune system
- Sensory stimulation
- Improves skin condition and blood circulation
- Helps digestion and waste elimination
- Balances respiration
- Relief for teething pains
- Gives self-esteem and a feeling of security and protection to the infant